Sunday, January 25, 2015

Making Progress

So far I am thrilled with the progress we have made in decluttering our home. Last weekend I tackled the living room and foyer closet, and this weekend, the kitchen. Not quite finished with the desk area of the kitchen, but  the room in general is a whole light lighter on 'stuff.'

Here is what I've purged in the last couple of weeks:

36 music CDs
12 lanyards
1 camera
1 camera case
6 pair of eyeglasses/sunglasses
13 movies
9 skeins of yarn
5 tote bags
1 pair snow boots
4 hats
12 candles/scent items
49 dishes/cookware
64 utensils (measuring spoons/cups, whisks, knives, scoops, etc)
27 plastic lids
2 vases
15 cloth napkins
18 napkin rings
10 place mats
2 aprons
3 pot holders
10 tea towels
7 tablecloths
4 chair covers
44 miscellaneous items
355


Total so far: 713

This does not include the approx. 50 items I've thrown away (almost half were bread ties!)

To keep motivated I've been continued to read blogs on minimalism/decluttering; and I was especially glad to run across one that is faith based:  Christian Faith and Minimalism.


No comments: